German and Austrian Wine Tasting
Creative Cuisines of Williamsburg kicked off its summer celebration season with a Memorial Day Weekend tasting of German and Austrian wines, paired with a sampling of Chef Steve’s hors d’oeuvres, entrees, and desserts. Bridget Goeke of The Country Vintner told us about the wines paired with Chef Steve’s creations.
Friends at table 2 couldn’t stop talking about these pairings in particular:
- Villa Wolf Sauvignon Blanc (Germany) paired with Scallops with lemon Tarragon
- Loimer Gruner Veltliner (Austria) paired with Watermelon & Feta Salad
The touch of tarragon in the scallops and hint of mint in the Watermelon salad were perfectly subtle flavors to compliment the wines.
More favorites included:
- Sattler St. Laurent (Austria) paired with Braised Beef Brisket with Portabella Mushrooms
- Dr. Thansich Bernkasterler Graven Riesling Spatlese (Germany) paired with Local Strawberry Cheesecake
The dry dessert wine was a surprise in and of itself, as most expect dessert wines to be sweet. When guests enjoyed it with the sweet and savory cheesecake, there was simply no doubt of Chef Steve’s culinary genius.
These monthly events are a great way to try new wines and to consider what you’ll ask Chef Steve to serve at your next catered event. Ask Chef Steve to add you to the mailing list.
We bid farewell to summer with a sumptuous brunch at 1300 Garrison on August 27, 2017.
Maine Lobster, Porcini Mushrooms and Roasted Local Corn Crepe
Poached Egg on Brioche Toast with Avocado
Topped with Carolina Shrimp in a Remoulade Sauce
Ratatouille with Italian Sausage
Grilled Cornish Hen with Pomegranate Barbeque Sauce
Ham & Cheese Belgian Waffles, Maple Syrup, Honey Butter
Crisp & Creamy Risotto Cakes with Peas, Caramelized Pearl Onions and Grilled Sweet Peppers
Fresh Tuna Salad Niçoise
Seared Tuna, Haricot Vert, Tiny New Potatoes, Hard Cooked Egg, Cherry Tomatoes
Niçoise Olives and White Anchovies
Late Summer Tomatoes, Watermelon and Fresh Mozzarella
Blueberry Corn Muffins, Grilled Garlic Chive Bread, Sweet Butter Rosettes
Italian Purple Plum Torte with Ginger Gelato
Chocolate Brownie, Banana Split Sundae
Peach & Blackberry Mascarpone Napoleon with Blackberry Syrup
Bloody Marys, Mimosas, Nino Franco Prosecco
Old and new friends gathered on June 25, 2017 to try nine rosé wines paired with Chef Steve’s imaginative hors d’ oeuvres. This delightful summer evening ended with a rainbow over 1300 Garrison Drive.
Hors d’ oeuvres
Spain & Portugal
- Pan Seared Sea Scallops with Saffron Aioli Sauce
- Grilled Cuban Roast Pork Sandwich Bites
- Orange and Pomegranate Marinated Chicken Breast Skewers
- Green Olive Tapenade with Pita Chips
France, Italy and Austria
- Salad of Baby Arugula, Grilled Gulf Shrimp with Garlic, Herbs de Provence, French Vinaigrette
- Mussels Marinara
- Roquefort Cheese Deviled Egg with Acacia
- Honeycomb Local Cantaloupe with Prosciutto
Oregon & California
- White Flatbread Pizza with Grilled Local Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Spring Onions
- Smoked Windmill Point Oysters with Mignonette Sauce
- Pan Seared Ahi Tuna with Ginger Miso Sauce
- Sushi Tuna Nigiri
On the Guest Tables
- Popcorn with Smoked Paprika and Marcona Almonds
- French Country Style Paté & Duck Paté with Mustard, Cornichons & French Bread
Spain & Portugal
- 2016 Rio Madre Rioja Rosé; 100% Graciano
- 2016 Broadbent Vinho Verde Rosé; Borrcal, Espadeiro, Amaral & Vinhao
France, Italy and Austria
- 2016 Figuiere Magali Rosé, Cotes de Provence; Cabernet Sauvignon, Sryah, Grenache & Cinsault
- 2016 Vitiano Rosato Umbria; Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Aleatico
- 2016 Pratsch Rosé Nierderosterreich; Zweigelt
Oregon & California
- 2016 Anne Amie Twelve Oaks Estate Rosé, Chehalem Mountains, OR; Pinot Gris
- 2016 Hendry Napa Valley Rosé; Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Primitivo, Malbec & Cabernet Franc
- 2016 Belle Glos Oeil de Perdrix Pinot Noir Blanc, Sonoma County
- Bonus Wine: Vajra N. S. Della Neve Rosato Spumante, Barolo, Italy; Nebbiolo & Pinot Noir
Brunch and Wine Tasting at 1300 Garrison
Chef Steve Munday’s exquisite brunch buffet and wine tasting drew a full house today at 1300 Garrison. Bridget Goeke of The Country Vintner told us about the wines paired with Chef Steve’s creations. Snow showers and cooler than normal temperatures made it a perfect day to be indoors enjoying good food, good wine, and good friends.
Lump Crab Meat and Avocado Salad
With Navel Orange Sections and English Cucumber
Virginia Eggs Benedict
Poached Egg on a Grit Biscuit with Smithfield Bacon, Topped with White Cheddar Sauce
European Style Smoked Salmon on Rye Toast with Crème Fraiche and Spring Radishes
Chicken Crepes with Spinach, Leeks and Fresh Goat Cheese
Pecan Crusted French Toast with Maple Syrup
Braised Spring Lamb with Baby Carrots and Mint
Grilled Asparagus and Exotic Mushroom Sauté
Spring Peas and New Potato Marbles with Spring Onions
Blueberry Corn Muffins
Black Pepper Brioche
Sweet Butter Rosettes
Chiffon Cake with Strawberries and Cream
Chocolate & Strawberry Mousse Parfait
With a selection of wines to taste
Oudinot Rose’ NV Champagne, Epernay, France
Domaine de la Taille aux Loups, Triple Zero, Sparkling Chenin Blanc, Loire Valley, France
2014 Pfister Pinot Gris Tradition, Alsace
2015 Trefethen Dry Riesling, Oak Knoll, Napa, California
2014 Chateau de Raousset, Chiroubles, Beaujolais, Burgundy, France
2014 Château Pesquie, Quintessence Rouge, Cote du Rhone, France
2016 Ceretto Moscato d’ Asti, Italy
Williamsburg friends start celebrating Mardi Gras well before Fat Tuesday and they do it in style. Chef Steve prepared a Bourbon Street feast for these revelers Saturday evening. No matter the occasion, Chef Steve will interpret your vision for an event you will always remember!
MARDI GRAS MENU
- Blackened Beef Tenderloin on French Bread with Watercress and Horseradish
- Goat Cheese and Jalapeno Hush Puppies
On the Dining Room Table
- Creole Shrimp Dip, served warm in a chafing dish with French Bread Rounds
- Zucchini “Boats” filled with Creole Red Beans & Rice
- Cajun Pork Tenderloins and Roasted Sweet Pepper Skewers
- Creole Mustard Sauce
- Creole Deviled Eggs
- Miniature Muffulettas: Small Sesame Seed Soft Roll with Salami, Ham, Mortadella, Mozzarella, Provolone, and Olives
On the Table Near the Kitchen
- Spicy & Sweet Glazed Andouille Sausage Bites, served warm in a chafing dish
- Pimiento Cheese Toast with Tasso Ham and Crawfish
- Sweet Potato Biscuits with Louisiana Friend Chicken Salad
- Arrangement of fresh vegetables: Petit French Green Beans, Asparagus, Grape Tomatoes, Button Mushrooms, Sugar Snaps, Baby Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower & Sweet Peppers, New Orleans Remoulade Sauce
King’s Cake, of course – it wouldn’t be Mardi Gras without it!
Wine Tasting with Hors d’ Oeuvres on Valentine’s Day
Forty-seven guests enjoyed our Valentine’s Day evening to taste the wonderful wines of Ancient Peaks, complimented by some of our foods. Guests mingled through 3 stations we positioned for the tasting. At one station we had 2 white wines, another had 3 single varietals and the third station had 2 blended red wines. Shana Cole, the District Manager for the distributor, told us all about the winery and the wines.
2015 Sauvignon Blanc
Baked Oysters with Crabmeat
Thai Style Chicken Salad in Lettuce Cups
Mushroom Caps filled with Fontina
Seared Outer Banks Scallops with Miso Ginger Glaze
Moroccan Lamb Ragout, Phyllo Cups
Spicy Duck Sausage and Shiitake Mushroom Pizza
Turkish Style Grill Chicken Skewers
2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
White Cheddar Biscuit with Coffee Rubbed Short Ribs
2014 Santa Margarita Ranch Oyster Ridge
Roasted Pork Loin with Cambazola and Bacon
2014 Santa Margarita Ranch Renegade
70% Dark Chocolate Bark with Dried Cranberries
Chocolate Cookies dipped in Dark Chocolate with Dried Cherries
One of the joys of my work is delighting customers with creative elements that will stand out in their memories long after the party is over. Recently we hosted an event for a local tennis celebrity. She wanted a special cocktail for her guests. “Can you make a tennis ball garnish?”
Well, I’d never had that request before! I called my mixologist into the dining room and we got to work. The winning design included peach schnapps, triple sec, and vodka with a melon ball garnish. We called it a “Fuzzy Tennis Ball” and it was a hit.
We were thrilled to learn that our recent landscaping efforts have pleased not only our clients, but also the City of Williamsburg. In a city that takes so much pride in its gardens and green spaces, we feel tremendously honored to win Williamsburg’s prestigious Beautification Award.
Recently remodeled inside and out, our event venue is a versatile space that can handle a wide range of parties, such as an intimate dinner for 12 people or a larger gathering that begins with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres and concludes with a seated dinner for 50.
Creative Cuisines’ new event venue is now open for business! Our remodeling project created a versatile space to handle a wide range of parties, such as an intimate dinner for 12 people or a larger gathering that begins with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres and concludes with a seated dinner for 50.
Your guests will be enchanted by the charming landscaped entrance and feel a warm welcome in the gracious reception area. Two more rooms can be arranged for a variety of uses, from stand-up cocktail parties to formal seated dinners.
Creative Cuisines is the catering company in Williamsburg, Virginia! We’ve done every kind of meal and event you can think of, yet we know that your special event happens only once. With so many decisions on your To Do list, choosing the right caterer and the perfect menu doesn’t need to be one of them. Give us a call! We’ll completely customize menus for any event. Tell us your vision and we’ll create the dream for you.